List out the 4-5 points that you'll cover in the 5 minute video. These points will be a cheat sheet for others to apply what you show them. For >5 points, find logical places to split the content into multiple videos.
1. Quickly introduce the topic (or yourself) by asking a question or establishing your credentials
Eg.“Have you ever struggled with abc, Have you heard of xyz tool/ product but wondered how to apply it?"
Eg. I’m an expert xyz and one of the most common questions I get asked is “How can I get better results from abc process?"
2 - 4 To illustrate your points, use relatable examples, mention any common mistakes, and then show the right way of doing it.
Eg. "Create a new entry by clicking on the New icon"
Eg. "If I want to show my client the competitor data for any product, I can use the market feature."
Eg. "Instead of manually calculating the difference, use the analyse trends button to track performance changes."
5. Conclude with a call-to-action!
Eg. "Use these quick tips to see your viewership rise rapidly."
Eg. "Now that you know how to create your own entry, why don't you try one for yourself now!"
- Choose a quiet room/ quiet time of day.
- Turn off fan / AC and other noisy appliances.
- Put your phone on airplane mode.
- Select a comfortable and professional outfit in solid, muted colours
- Stand or sit against a plain wall (at a slight distance to reduce shadow)
- Speak with enthusiasm and energy, as if you are explaining the concept to a friend
- Do a test recording - check that your volume is loud enough, your pace is not too fast and not too slow and that you are pronouncing each word clearly
- Record in sections rather than all at one go
- Record at least 2 versions of each section for safety.
Reach out to email@example.com if you don't have your admin login credentials yet.